Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Warning: Extremely Random!

     Well as expected after Saturday's race, I did pay the piper.  Whew, I really got things stirred up in my back and wasn't able to go to the gym for several days.  I was able to go Thursday and had a sucky (if that is a word) workout.  I went Friday and it was slightly better.  It is ABSOLUTELY amazing that it takes months to build up and get your cardio going and it takes less that a week to lose it!  Amazing.  That also goes for habits, it took me a good month to be able to get up at 4:30am and go to the gym......it really became routine and if I varied from that routine, I would feel antsy not going to work out.  Lets see, didn't work out for 7+ days and I totally lost the desire to get going again.  In fact, Friday, I got dressed and got back in the bed 2 times before I actually got in the car and left for the gym.  If anyone was watching me I am sure it was totally humorous!  Probably as funny as the morning that at 4am I had a stuffy nose and sleepy-eyed got some sinus medicine out of the cabinet and took it.  After about an hour, I couldn't keep my eyes open, I almost fell asleep on the ab coaster at the gym drove home and fell asleep IN MY DRIVEWAY.  I was getting worried until I checked the box.....yep, you guessed it, I had taken nighttime sinus medication.  Talk about a long day!
So, this Friday, I had the opportunity to talk (interrogate/harass) Fred.  Fred is a personal trainer and in charge of a wellness program and he was at an event and made the mistake of asking me a question.  First, I asked him about bodybugg.  He didn't know what they were, so I explained and yes, I still want one.  Does any body have one?  I'd really like to know if they work and are worth the investment.  Anyway, I was trying to get Fred to give me some "drop weight and build cardio tips" and he gave me a suggestion.  So, Monday morning, I am going to try something new at the gym and see what happens.  If it works, I will share, if it doesn't, I will trash the idea.
In case any of you were wondering, this is what I look like to a 6 year old.  Notice: One ear is larger than the other, my legs are short, skinny, and wide set, and I am not sure what to say about the nose!  Just though I would share, in case I haven't seen any of you in a long time.

Can't have a blog entry without talking about FOOD!  :-)  Specifically, oatmeal.  I have TRIED to like oatmeal for years.  Finally Kashi made an oatmeal that I like (thanks, Rachel) and ate it all the time, then I tried the plain with a little splenda and fruit and now that I know HOW nutritious it is, I like it too.  One of the docs that works at my clinic is a wonderfully healthy eater and he told me about steel cut oats.  So, I bought some (about 6 months ago).  They are the oats before they process them.  I finally made them and they took days to cook but were good but still a little crunchy.  Probably won't cook them often because I am impatient and can't wait that long for oatmeal when I can rip open a pack and be done in 2 minutes.  Below is a picture of my steel cut oats with banana and raisins.

By the way, McDonalds Fruit and Maple Oatmeal is FABULOUS!  I have gotten it with the brown sugar and without.  I preferred it without the brown sugar and with one packet of splenda.  For some reason, the brown sugar actually made it too sweet.  I was skeptical of the actual "nutritional goodness" of this but was reassured by a dietitian that it is actually good and good for you.  YEA!

Today (Saturday) was a beautiful day! I think we all need some vitamin D.  Caroline had a softball clinic today and we were outside from 9-2 today and it was great.  Forgot about sun and wind burn (which we all received)--I will have to get my Spring bag ready (sun screen, chap stick, endless supply of concession stand money etc....) A little sunshine can do a body good.  I know this blog entry was uber exciting (not) but, according to the blog etiquette--if you blog, blog with consistency....Hope everyone has a great week and remember that No ONE ever drowned in sweat.....get movin'!  Yes, I am talking to you! :-).........and don't forget to leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Ok the sleepy-med mix-up has me cracking up! Who does that remind me of??? Me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete