Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

Four of my Favorite Things!

Not sure why this is in all caps but wasn't typed that way...please don't think I am screaming even though I AM excited about this!

Someone I know posted this today and I really didn't pay attention to it the first time I ran across it and then I SAW the picture.........I love cheese, I love butter, I love bread, and I love mayo.  This is like heaven for me.  Sunday is my "free" day.  I eat "clean" (1000 cal--healthy) Monday thru Saturday and Sunday, I eat whatever I want.  Suprisingly, I don't usually go ape wild.  My mom cooks lunch on Sunday (if any of you know me that is where we are on Sundays--no matter what, no to-go plates, no absence.....you must attend "Sunday" lunch.  My mom has been doing it for years--my sister would even come home from Auburn on Sundays just to eat and bring her friends.  Now her daughter comes home from Tuscaloosa with her friends for lunch.  Not sure what mom is cooking for Sunday but I will have some of this Garlic Cheese Bread in-tow!  I even gave my admin asst a copy for her to make--I feel strongly about this recipe....it is easy and it is gonna be good!  If you try it, let me know what you think OR if you want to try it come on over for Sunday lunch.....be there on time because we wait on no one!  :-)

Recipe: Garlic Cheese Bread

 |   |   | 
 

Ingredients

  • 3-½ cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
  • ¾ cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
  • ½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • ½ cups (Real) Mayonnaise
  • 4 whole Green Onions, White And Light Green Parts Minced
  • 1 dash Salt
  • 1 loaf Crusty French Bread
  • 1 stick Butter
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced

Preparation Instructions

Mix cheeses with the mayonnaise and the green onions. Add dash of salt to taste and set aside or keep in fridge until you need it.
Cut loaf of bread in half, then each half into half again.
Working 1/4 loaf at a time, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and add 1/4 of the minced garlic. Place 1 of the 1/4 loaves face down in the skillet, swirling it to soak up the butter and garlic. Allow bread to toast in the skillet, removing garlic if it starts to get too brown.
Repeat with remaining butter, garlic, and bread.
Spread cheese mixture on warm loaves and bake in a 425 degree oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment